BiddyKins Bamboo Pocket Insert
A 4 Layer cream coloured bamboo ‘pure’ insert (all 4 layers are bamboo terry).
Size: (OSFM) ±35cm x ±14cm
- Bamboo inserts are very absorbent and hold moisture better under pressure than microfibre inserts.
- They do take a little longer to dry than microfiber inserts.
- Bamboo inserts can be placed directly against baby’s skin although we do recommend stuffing them into pockets which holds them in place and helps prevent the inserts bunching up.
- Being a little thinner than bamboo blend inserts, they do tend scrunch up a little more than regular bamboo blend inserts, which can sometimes cause leak issues.
- Bamboo inserts can can be tumble dried, but this will shorten their lifespan.
The insert that absorbs the fastest is closest to the bum.
The most absorbent insert (ie the insert that holds the most liquid) is placed FURTHEST AWAY from the bum.
So if using a microfiber, a bamboo and a hemp stuffed inside a pocket (i.e. below the staydry lining of the pocket):
1) Microfiber on top (remember tho that microfiber MUST NOT come into direct contact with the skin – so it must be stuffed into the pocket)
2) Then comes bamboo (bamboo can be placed directly against the skin)
3) Hemp (the most absorbent ) is placed furthest away from the bum – hemp is generally used along with other inserts, but is always furthest from the bum.
(Note that hemp fleece fabric is quite ‘fluffy’ and can release quite a bit of ‘fluff’ during the first wash.)
We have also included a little more info in the product description of the inserts below: